SUMMER 2017 MISSION OPPORTUNITY
SPREAD TRUTH NYC- Join the Christ Church Team in New York City this Summer, July 16th-22nd! Different ministry opportunities will include Street Evangelism, Soccer and Basketball Camp or VBS. For more information contact the McLean Family at email@example.com.
The Lord has generously blessed us with skills and interests to be used for the sake of His desires in and outside the church building. Christ Church has made it a priority to affirm and resource the individual and families’ sense of God’s calling in our church and around the community. In response to God’s work in leading his people, we are humbly involved in the following ministries and organizations on a regular basis:
- McLean County Nursing Home. Christ Church members lead Sunday chapel services each week and provide pastoral care to the elderly.
- Ithaka Fellowship. Ithaka Fellowship is an agrarian center for Christian growth and study in Gridley, Illinois.
- Living Alternatives: A Pregnancy Resource Center. For several years we have had a number of people from our community who participate as volunteers and board members. We have had the privilege of hosting several events to promote the goals of the pregnancy resource center.
- Jesus House. Since its beginning, Christ Church has served and resourced the efforts of the Jesus Coffee House to assist the poor.
- Angel Tree. Want to help brighten a child's Christmas this year? The Angel Tree program seeks to bring the love of Christ to the children of prisoners at Christmas. Our tree in the foyer will once again be filled with tags representing children who need to know that God and their parents have not forgotten them. If you'd like to purchase a gift, help organize or deliver the gifts, please sign up in the church foyer.